Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Do you have pets?
I have dogs.  In the past week I have had health problems with 2 of my puppies and I found out the mode of treatment is the same for them as it was for my children.  One of them had an injury, another one got really sick and then we had a surgery this week.  I had forgotten how much time and energy a puppy can take. 
It also reminded me of the blessing of rest.  There is no better healer than rest.  This applies to all living creatures.

In Matthew 11:28-30 (New Living Translation)


"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

We are welcome to rest in the comfort of God's love 24/7/365.  Do we think about this in the midst of stress and strife?  When all else fails we have this place of rest.  As I watch my animals recover and I pray for healing and continued guidance. 

May you find rest in your daily activities.

Woof?

No comments:

Post a Comment