Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Faithful Travels

I travel frequently and today is one of those days.  I haven't been in an airport for nearly 6 weeks which is a record for me.  There are many things I had forgotten, the waiting in line, the getting undressed to get through security and the challenge of travelling with children and a million bags.   My kids no longer fall in to this category so my heart always goes out to these families   Not to mention, kids enjoy standing in line even less than adults. 

While I was "people watching" I admired the captive audience in front of me.  Can you imagine the opportunity we have to pray for these people?   Or better yet, share the faith and the story of his kingdom.  If you have any ideas how I can start that conversation - send me a note.  I am viewing this as a challenge and if I figure it out I will keep you posted.  I do travel with my bible and my current book of choice.  That is always a conversation piece for the person sitting next to me on the plane but how about all of those people waiting to board the plane?  Let's brainstorm on this.


As it turns out, my flight cancelled and I have to wait to leave in the morning.  My heart hurt for the gate agents cheerfully trying to rebook all of the passengers.  Unfortunately this type of situation tends to bring out the worst in people.  Let us all remember that one of the greatest virtues is patience. 

Proverbs 19:11 (New International Version)


A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

I wish you all safe travels and would love your ideas about sharing the good news at the airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment