Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 10 - Relationships

When was the last time you shared a meal or coffee with a friend?  Do you remember the warmth of familiarity the conversation brought?  Was there a comfort in your meeting?

I had one of those events today and I felt absolutely blessed and grateful at the end of the meeting.  We even ran late however it seemed appropriate.  We shared stories, tears, concerns and love.  Above all else...love.  Within this group, we sincerely care for one another and we all seem to be going through different levels of transition.  As I listened to the stories and the challenges, I was honored with the trust and vulnerability being entrusted in me.

I am also reminded of this passage of scripture:

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

In cultivating relationships we are feeding our fruit - the fruit of the spirit.  Am I expressing love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness gentleness and self-control?  Can you imagine how life would be if we focused on fruit?

My harvest was plentiful today and I was elated to have shared in our time today.  It was a powerful meeting closing with prayer.  I could feel God's reassuring presence as we closed.  Inasmuch as we face trials and challenges, it helps to carry the weight when you realize those you respect carry the same luggage.  Sharing our luggage and weight makes a tremendous difference.  It offers hope and peace.  In the end there is LOVE!

I wish you fruitful relationships filled with the gifts of the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment