Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 8 - Go Forth & Be A Blessing!

Have you thought about our calling as Christians? 
Have you ever entered a day thinking, I am going to be a blessing to everyone I meet?
Have you ever started you ever started your day thinking; I am going to look for ways to be kind to others? 

Do you remember hearing the scripture; judge not, lest thou be judged?  It stems from this section of the bible;  Matthew 7:1-2: 
1. Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. 2. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged

Can you imagine how your day would be impacted if you walked with this message in your heart daily?  There are so many people who are starving for acceptance and kindness.  The world sends us messages through all sorts of media surrounding discontent and judgement.  Yet I know that I will be presented with opportunities to be kind today.  I will meet people looking for a kind gesture, a smile or perhaps more?  Is there someone out there who needs comfort?

This is my focus for my faith journey today.  It starts with my family - my children, my husband, my friends, my family......I will keep you posted on progress.

I wish you well on your own journey!  Go forth and be a blessing!!!

Need an idea to help in this area?
Hold a door open, say hello to someone you don't know, send a nice card to someone you don't know, call a friend just to say hello, take a neighbor a plant, write your kids a note, read scripture at a senior center.....

No comments:

Post a Comment