Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 5 - Butterfly Kisses

Have you heard the song butterfly kisses?  It is a wonderful story about the love of a father for his daughter and the milestones they travel throughout life and the anchoring memory are the butterfly kisses they shared. 

It is sweet and touching.

As my daughter prepares for high school graduation this weekend, I think about songs like this one.  I also think about the love of Jesus.  I think about the situations he faced.  All of the lessons he taught and ultimately the sacrifice he made so that we may all have eternal life.

We are all connected.  Love binds and bridges when nothing else makes sense.  The love of a mother for her daughter, the love of our heavenly father.  When I reflect on this sacrifice I am awestruck.  It is hard to imagine being faced with this level of sacrifice and I question how I would respond if I were faced with such a dilemma that would require the ultimate sacrifice.

I would like to think I would/could make the right choice but I still question the level of my faith and my courage if presented with this question. 

This scripture:  So that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men (human philosophy), but in the power of God. 1 Corinthians 2: 5

Reminds me that sometimes I must simply believe in what God provides.  What I understand and what I do not understand.  Trust in the will of God and grow in my faith.  The old saying is that it is easy to have faith when times are good however it is more challenging when things are not as good.  When faith is all you have to hang onto - it is an even greater choice.  All of these situations present us - me with the opportunity to grow and strengthen my faith roots!

I will sprinkle my path with prayer and embrace the path of growth before me, perhaps I will have my own butterfly kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment